Johnson-Rodtang mixed-rules bout rebooked for March 26
The mixed-rules fight between Demetrious Johnson and Rodtang Jitmuangnon will take place at the rescheduled ONE X event on March 26, ONE Championship CEO Chatri Sityodtong announced Wednesday on "The MMA Hour."
An atomweight title fight between Angela Lee and Stamp Fairtex will headline the card. Additionally, Adriano Moraes will defend the flyweight belt against Yuya Wakamatsu.
The ONE X event was originally slated for Dec. 5, but it was called off in October due to a rise in Singapore's COVID-19 cases.
Johnson, a former UFC flyweight champion, and Rodtang, the ONE flyweight Muay Thai titleholder, will meet in a unique combination of mixed martial arts and Muay Thai.
The fight will consist of four three-minute rounds that alternate between the two different rulesets, starting with Muay Thai in Round 1.
The event, which marks ONE Championship's 10-year anniversary, will also feature former UFC champ Eddie Alvarez, Sage Northcutt, and Shinya Aoki, but their fights haven't been finalized.
Sityodtong also announced that ONE bantamweight champion Bibiano Fernandes will defend his belt against UFC veteran John Lineker on Feb. 11.
- Pitbull dominates Borics to retain Bellator featherweight title
- Star prospect Nickal to make UFC debut vs. Pickett at UFC 282
- Dern: Meta's Zuckerberg rented out entire UFC Fight Night event
- AJ McKee secured win over Spike Carlyle in a wild 15-minute scrap
- Yan Xiaonan punishes Mackenzie Dern on the feet, fends off submissions to win majority decision in UFC Vegas 61 main event