Watch: Dvalishvili, Moraes deliver 1 of the craziest rounds of year
The first round between Merab Dvalishvili and Marlon Moraes was a tale of two fights, and it was one of the wildest five minutes of action in UFC history.
Moraes virtually had Dvalishvili out on his feet with a barrage of punches midway through:
However, the referee didn't wave off the contest and Dvalishvili survived. He managed to get on top of Moraes, and the Georgia native opened up with devastating ground-and-pound near the end of the round and almost finished the fight himself:
Dvalishvili took over in Round 2 and earned a TKO victory on the ground at the 4:25 mark.
The 30-year-old extended his winning streak to five, while Moraes has now lost three in a row.
- Nate Diaz pitches McGregor-Chimaev bout: 'Great idea'
- Report: Hermansson-Strickland booked for Feb. 5 UFC main event
- Bellator champ Sergio Pettis motivated by underdog role: 'Overlooked my whole life'
- Neal arrested on DWI, weapons charges 16 days before UFC 269
- Nate Diaz says 'rookie' Chimaev doesn't deserve to fight him