Ostovich defeats VanZant by unanimous decision at Bare Knuckle FC 19
Rachael Ostovich got a measure of revenge against Paige VanZant, earning a unanimous decision victory (48-47, 48-47, 49-46) in her Bare Knuckle FC debut Friday night in Florida.
It was the second bout between the two after VanZant claimed a second-round submission victory over Ostovich in the UFC in January 2019.
Ostovich was immediately brought to tears when her arm was raised in the rematch.
The spirited bout started ferociously, with both fighters throwing nearly 100 combined punches in the first round. Though the action tapered down in the second and third rounds, it picked up in the fourth when VanZant bloodied Ostovich's nose. Ostovich responded with a flush right hook to VanZant's jaw that wobbled her.
Ostovich carried the action in both strikes landed and power punches.
Ostovich is 1-0 in BKFC after going 1-3 in the UFC. VanZant is now 0-2 in Bare Knuckle FC after she lost her debut against Britain Hart by unanimous decision in February.
- White: Costa to proceed with career at light heavyweight
- Vettori holds off Costa to win decision in UFC main event
- Fedor destroys Johnson with walk-off KO at Bellator 269
- McGregor vows to 'kill' Ferguson in cage after PED accusations
- Usman: Edwards not fighting for title because he 'shit the bed' vs. Diaz