Ladd-Chiasson co-main event removed from Fight Night card
This weekend's UFC Fight Night card has lost its co-main event.
The scheduled women's bantamweight bout between Aspen Ladd and Macy Chiasson has been canceled, the UFC announced Thursday.
Chiasson suffered an injury, resulting in the cancellation, reports TSN's Aaron Bronsteter.
Ladd owns a 9-1 record and is the 10th-ranked pound-for-pound women's fighter in the promotion, but she hasn't fought since December 2019.
Chiasson, 7-1, is coming off a decision victory over Marion Reneau in March.
Saturday's card is headlined by a bantamweight bout between Cory Sandhagen and TJ Dillashaw.
- Vettori holds off Costa to win decision in UFC main event
- Fedor destroys Johnson with walk-off KO at Bellator 269
- White: Costa to proceed with career at light heavyweight
- McGregor vows to 'kill' Ferguson in cage after PED accusations
- Usman: Edwards not fighting for title because he 'shit the bed' vs. Diaz