Report: Luque-Chiesa booked for UFC 265
A welterweight bout between top-six contenders Vicente Luque and Michael Chiesa has been added to UFC 265 on Aug. 7, sources told ESPN's Brett Okamoto on Tuesday.
Luque, ranked No. 5 in the division, is coming off a first-round submission win over former 170-pound champion Tyron Woodley at UFC 260 in March. The Brazilian is on a three-fight winning streak.
Chiesa took home a one-sided victory over Neil Magny in his last outing earlier this year. That bout headlined a UFC Fight Night card in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Chiesa, the No. 6-ranked welterweight, has won four in a row.
UFC 265 is set to feature a women's bantamweight title bout between Amanda Nunes and Julianna Pena, though it's unclear if that fight will serve as the main event.
The promotion hasn't announced a location for the pay-per-view card.
- Dillashaw pulls out gutsy win in return from 2-year suspension
- UFC prospect Barber back on track with split decision victory over Maverick
- Report: Sterling-Yan 2 added to UFC 267
- Ostovich defeats VanZant by unanimous decision at Bare Knuckle FC 19
- Ladd-Chiasson co-main event removed from Fight Night card