Warning: Story contains coarse language
Conor McGregor said Monday he won't fight Dustin Poirier in July after the two engaged in an argument on Twitter over a promised charitable donation.
Poirier and McGregor recently agreed to a trilogy bout during UFC 264 on July 10, but the latter reportedly hadn't signed his contract as of April 2. The former two-division champion tweeted that he'll find a new opponent for that date.
Poirier revealed Sunday that McGregor hadn't followed through on his promise to donate $500,000 to the 32-year-old's charity, The Good Fight Foundation. Poirier said McGregor's team stopped responding after their rematch during UFC 257 in January, which "The Diamond" won via second-round TKO.
McGregor said his team was simply waiting for details regarding how his donation would be used.
Poirier responded to McGregor on Monday with a reminder of how their fight earlier in 2021 played out.
The series between Poirier and McGregor is tied at 1-1, with the Irishman previously earning a first-round knockout win during a 2014 featherweight contest.