Ex-champ Rockhold says he'll continue career: 'I felt like it'
Alex Trautwig / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Luke Rockhold intends to step inside the Octagon once again.

The former UFC middleweight champion, who claimed in October it was "very" possible he wouldn't return to fighting, said Sunday he has decided to resume his MMA career, according to ESPN's Ariel Helwani.

"Because I felt like it," Rockhold said when asked why he decided to come back.

Rockhold is planning to return to 185 pounds and hopes to fight before the end of 2020.

The 35-year-old AKA product most recently fought at light heavyweight, but the experiment was short-lived: Rockhold suffered his third knockout loss in his last four fights at the hands of top contender Jan Blachowicz in his 205-pound debut last July.

Rockhold suggested he's interested in a rematch with fellow former champion Chris Weidman, who earned his first win since 2017 on Saturday. Rockhold, who was also the 185-pound champion in Strikeforce, knocked out Weidman in 2015 to add the UFC strap to his resume.

Rockhold underwent surgery earlier this year to repair a torn labrum and rotator cuff and said he has about a month of rehabilitation remaining.

Comments
Ex-champ Rockhold says he'll continue career: 'I felt like it'
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox