Meerschaert tests positive for COVID-19, out of UFC Fight Night
Another bout has been scrapped from Saturday's UFC Fight Night card in Las Vegas.
Gerald Meerschaert is out of his light heavyweight clash against Ed Herman after testing positive for the coronavirus, he told theScore.
Meerschaert said he tested negative for COVID-19 on Tuesday before two positive results came back Friday night and Saturday morning. "GM3" said he passed a temperature check every morning during fight week and doesn't have any symptoms.
The event, which is slated for the UFC Apex, will proceed with nine fights after also losing one on Friday. Middleweight contenders Derek Brunson and Edmen Shahbazyan will face off in the headliner.
- Pacheco stuns undefeated Harrison to take PFL title, $1M prize
- Pereira fought Adesanya with torn ligaments in finger
- Prochazka vacates title; Blachowicz to fight Ankalaev for gold at UFC 282
- Report: Burns to fight Magny at UFC 283 in Brazil
- Amosov returning for title unification fight vs. Storley at Bellator 291