Prepare for the third chapter of Stipe Miocic versus Daniel Cormier.
UFC president Dana White said Thursday the heavyweight king's next fight will be a trilogy bout against the former champion, though no timeframe is currently known as Miocic is working back to full health following the pair's second clash in August.
"Stipe is recovering from that fight. He's got some bumps and bangs from that fight," White told Barstool Sports' Robbie Fox. "We're waiting for him to heal and then yeah, we're going to do the trilogy."
Miocic took the heavyweight title in dramatic fashion at UFC 241, storming back in the fourth round to TKO Cormier and hand him only the second loss of his storied career.
In their first meeting in July, Cormier - who held the light heavyweight belt at the time - stunned the UFC world by knocking out Miocic in the first round to become one of just four double champs in the promotion's history.
It was unclear if the 40-year-old Cormier would continue to fight. He previously said he wanted to retire in March, only to extend his self-imposed deadline after suffering a back injury.
Moreover, Francis Ngannou is waiting in the wings for another title shot after three straight first-round knockouts over Curtis Blaydes, Cain Velasquez, and Junior dos Santos.
Ngannou lost to Miocic in January 2018, and it appears the knockout artist will have to wait for another chance at UFC gold - whether it be against Miocic or Cormier.