Amirkhani, Knight to meet at UFC Liverpool
Makwan Amirkhani's next fight will take place a stone's throw north from the site of his last.
The 29-year-old is set to end a 14-month layoff with a featherweight tilt opposite Jason Knight at UFC Fight Night 130 on May 27 at Liverpool's Echo Arena, the promotion confirmed Wednesday following reports from MMAjunkie and Finland's Viaplay.
Amirkhani last took the Octagon in March 2017 for UFC Fight Night 107 in London, where he dropped a split decision to Arnold Allen. The defeat snapped a four-fight win streak, three of which had come under the UFC banner.
Knight makes his maiden voyage across the Atlantic on a two-fight skid, having most recently dropped a one-sided decision to Gabriel Benitez at UFC Fight Night 123 in December after suffering a first-round TKO at Ricardo Lamas' hands on late notice at UFC 214. The 25-year-old - affectionately dubbed "Hick Diaz" - had won four straight prior to being dealt back-to-back losses for the first time in his career.
Scouser Darren Till will headline the May bill in a welterweight bout against a yet-to-be-determined dance partner.
- Diaz questions Lawler booking, says he should be fighting Usman
- McGregor responds to criticism of 'most powerful and fastest' 1st pitch
- Coaches debate: What can we expect from Nick Diaz at UFC 266?
- Miesha Tate tests positive for COVID-19; Fight Night main event postponed
- Where does McGregor's disastrous 1st pitch rank among all-time worst?