Jedrzejczyk carries torch for native Poland ahead of Olympic games
Joanna Jedrzejczyk can cross another item off her bucket list.
The former UFC strawweight champion was one of several Polish athletes to represent her home country and carry the Olympic torch through South Korea this past weekend ahead of next month's winter games in Pyeongchang. Jedrzejczyk documented the experience with several Instagram posts:
The 30-year-old became the first female UFC fighter to carry the flame - this, after longtime light heavyweight Antonio Rogerio Nogueira did the honors for the 2016 summer games in Rio de Janeiro.
The Olympic torch's relay through the host nation began on Nov. 1 and runs until the Games' opening ceremony on Feb. 9.
- Corey Anderson doesn't miss UFC's 'politics,' says Bellator treats him better
- Jones denies hitting fiancee, says he's 'ready to quit' drinking
- Ngannou: UFC used interim title fight to 'control the narrative'
- Coach: Jones not allowed at longtime gym after recent arrest
- Rockhold out of Strickland fight at UFC 268 due to injury