Report: McGregor in talks to appear at WrestleMania 34
Conor McGregor is reportedly in talks with WWE about a one-off appearance.
A "deal is close" for the UFC lightweight champion to compete against one of WWE's stars at WrestleMania 34 in April, according to Adam Higgins of SunSport in the U.K.
SunSport previously reported that WWE made a "hefty offer" to McGregor to appear at WrestleMania 33, which he turned down.
"This is something he's always wanted to do," a source told SunSport. "The WWE guys have asked him to do shows before with them but the timing was never really right. But this time it looks like a deal is going to be locked into place.
"He has some things to tie up in the UFC before he can do anything else but this is a big money deal so I can't see him turning it down."
Stephanie McMahon was asked about the possibility of McGregor making a WWE appearance while speaking at a "Leaders in Sports" convention at Stamford Bridge in London last week.
"I think Conor would be a perfect fit with WWE," she said, according to Wrestling Inc. "He certainly has the personality and the athletic ability, the appeal. He speaks his mind, he's very genuine and authentic and he has a hell of a Vince McMahon swagger."
- Anderson stops Bader in 51 seconds, advances to Bellator grand prix final
- Nemkov dominates Anglickas, retains Bellator title by submission
- Dumont upsets Ladd in lackluster UFC main event
- Corey Anderson doesn't miss UFC's 'politics,' says Bellator treats him better
- Ngannou: UFC used interim title fight to 'control the narrative'