McMann gets Carmouche, Felder faces Ricci at UFC Halifax
A pair of women's bantamweight veterans are set to lock horns next month.
Former divisional title challengers Sara McMann and Liz Carmouche will square off at UFC Fight Night 105 in Halifax, Nova Scotia on Feb. 19, the promotion announced Monday. The seventh-ranked McMann has won two straight, last tapping jiu-jitsu expert Alexis Davis at The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale this past December.
Carmouche - who fought Ronda Rousey in the promotion's first women's bantamweight title fight nearly four years ago at UFC 157 - is riding a streak of her own, scoring a pair of decisions over Lauren Murphy and Katlyn Chookagian.
Rounding out the announcement is a lightweight battle between Paul Felder and Alessandro Ricci. The former was set to face Gilbert Burns at UFC 208, the latter Alvaro Herrera on the Halifax card, only for injuries to leave both without an opponent. "The Irish Dragon" will now look to get back in the win column against the 34-year-old Ricci after being bloodied by Francisco Trinaldo this past September.
Top-10 heavyweights Derrick Lewis and Travis Browne will meet in the main event of UFC Fight Night 105. Here's how the event's bill looks after Monday's announcements:
- Heavyweight Bout: Derrick Lewis vs. Travis Browne
- Middleweight Bout: Johny Hendricks vs. Hector Lombard
- Middleweight Bout: Elias Theodorou vs. Cezar Ferreira
- Middleweight Bout: Thiago Santos vs. Jack Marshman
- Lightweight Bout: Paul Felder vs. Alessandro Ricci
- Strawweight Bout: Carla Esparza vs. Randa Markos
- Women's Bantamweight Bout: Sara McMann vs. Liz Carmouche
- Welterweight Bout: Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Nordine Taleb
- Bantamweight Bout: Reginaldo Vieira vs. Aiemann Zahabi
- Featherweight Bout: Sam Sicilia vs. Gavin Tucker
- Middleweight Bout: Ryan Janes vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Pitbull dominates Borics to retain Bellator featherweight title
- Star prospect Nickal to make UFC debut vs. Pickett at UFC 282
- Dern: Meta's Zuckerberg rented out entire UFC Fight Night event
- AJ McKee secured win over Spike Carlyle in a wild 15-minute scrap
- Yan Xiaonan punishes Mackenzie Dern on the feet, fends off submissions to win majority decision in UFC Vegas 61 main event