Sale hangs jerseys for Adam, Drake LaRoche in locker
Chris Sale continues to show his support for the LaRoche family.
On Friday, three days after Adam LaRoche decided to retire following Kenny Williams' request to dial back how much time his son, Drake, spends in the clubhouse, Sale hung jerseys for the veteran designated hitter and his 14-year-old in his locker in a gesture of solidarity.
Sale reportedly "lit up" Williams in a contentious meeting between players and management Wednesday, using plenty of expletives before telling the executive vice president to get out and stay out of the clubhouse, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
LaRoche, who was set to earn $13 million in 2016, insisted earlier this week that his mind is made up, but told reporters he would take a few days to mull over his decision to retire.
- Freeman mulling agent change after 'emotional time' in Atlanta
- Angels' Bradley fractured elbow falling out of dugout in brawl with M's
- Oneil Cruz among NL Rookie of the Year favorites after dazzling '22 debut
- Tucker homers, Valdez goes 8 strong as Astros romp Mets
- Woodruff fans 10 in return from IL to help Brewers top Rays