VIDEO: Dodgers Stadium erupts after Kings win Cup
The Los Angeles Dodgers were clinging to a one-run lead in the bottom of the sixth against a division rival Saturday night, but most fans were interested in another sport altogether.
Dodgers Stadium erupted after the Los Angeles Kings scored in double-overtime of Game 5 to defeat the New York Rangers and win their second Stanley Cup in three years.
MLBAM has the video, which includes a classic Vin Scully narration to set the table as news spread through the park.
"Uh, oh," Scully said as fans began cheering in the concourse. "You know what that means. Yep, the L.A. Kings have just defeated the New York Rangers in overtime and the Kings have won the Stanley Cup. Wow. What a team, what a year, what a finish."
One fan uploaded this awesome first-hand account of the moment the DodgerVision video board captured the Kings' celebration:
The good karma apparently rubbed off on the Dodgers, who dropped Arizona, 4-3, thanks to seven innings of one-run ball from lefty Clayton Kershaw.
- Red Sox blast 2 grand slams in rout of Astros, draw even in ALCS
- Astros' Garcia removed in 2nd inning of Game 2 with knee injury
- Are the Giants a one-hit wonder or a sustainable success story?
- NLCS preview, best bet: Can Braves pull off massive upset vs. Dodgers?
- The Astros' secret is one many World Series winners share