Report: Ohtani likely to make free-agent decision within next week
Shohei Ohtani's free agency could be reaching its conclusion shortly.
Ohtani will likely decide which team he'll join within the next week, a source told MLB.com's Jon Morosi.
The 29-year-old has reportedly been linked to the Los Angeles Dodgers, Toronto Blue Jays, Chicago Cubs, and Los Angeles Angels.
Ohtani is believed to have already received multiple offers for more than $500 million, the New York Post's Jon Heyman reports.
The Boston Red Sox, New York Mets, and Texas Rangers reportedly turned their attention to other players after showing initial interest in signing Ohtani.
Ohtani had another terrific season for the Angels in 2023 en route to winning his second AL MVP in three years. He slashed .304/.412/.654 with a league-leading 44 home runs, 95 RBIs, and 20 steals as a hitter.
He underwent surgery in September to address a UCL tear in his right elbow and isn't expected to pitch in 2024.
- Yankees' Boone excited to battle 'formidable' Orioles
- D-Backs sign former All-Star Andrus to minor-league deal
- Zaidi: Giants to give young pitchers opportunity in rotation
- MLB Roundtable: Dissecting biggest moves, best and worst offseasons
- Giants, Chapman agree to 1-year, $18M deal with 2 player options