Twins place Ryan on IL, select Cy Young winner Keuchel from Triple-A
The Minnesota Twins placed struggling right-hander Joe Ryan on the injured list and selected the contract of left-hander Dallas Keuchel from Triple-A, the club announced Thursday.
Ryan is dealing with a left groin strain. During Wednesday's loss to the St. Louis Cardinals, he allowed seven runs on nine hits across four innings.
The 27-year-old has a 1-4 record with an 8.63 ERA and 1.79 WHIP over his last seven starts.
The Twins signed Keuchel to a minor-league contract on June 22. The 2015 AL Cy Young excelled at Triple-A, posting a 1.13 ERA with 28 strikeouts in six starts.
Keuchel has floundered over the past two seasons at the major-league level, posting ERAs of 5.28 and 9.20 in 2021 and 2022, respectively.
- Report: Dodgers, Kelly finalizing 1-year deal
- Previewing baseball HOF's 2024 contemporary era committee ballot
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Report: Yankees' trade talks for Soto stall, Blue Jays enter mix
- Report: Executives believe Yamamoto's salary floor is $200M