Diamondbacks extend Lovullo's contract through 2024 season
PHOENIX (AP) — The Arizona Diamondbacks have extended manager Torey Lovullo's contract through the 2024 season.
The deal announced Sunday is the third straight one-year extension for the longest-tenured manager in team history.
Lovullo is 446-483 in seven seasons, with one playoff appearance.
Lovullo led the Diamondbacks to the 2017 National League division series his first season and a winning record the next two. Arizona general manager Mike Hazen stuck with Lovullo after an injury-filled 110-loss season in 2021 and the Diamondbacks have enjoyed a resurgence this year.
The Diamondbacks enter Sunday's game against Atlanta 35-24, tied with the Los Angeles Dodgers for the best record in the NL.
AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Twins snap 18-game playoff skid with series-opening win over Blue Jays
- Rays draw MLB's smallest non-pandemic playoff crowd since 1919
- Montgomery silences Rays as Rangers win 1st playoff game since 2015
- Which team could be this year's Phillies?
- MLB The Show postseason sim: Rangers crowned World Series champs