Mariners' Ray, Royals' Weaver ejected after anthem standoff
Neither pitcher seemed to want to be the first to leave the field after the anthem ended. Ray eventually won after Weaver retreated toward his dugout.
Home-plate umpire Adrian Johnson didn't enjoy the hijinks and tossed both Ray and Weaver from the game after appearing annoyed at what was unfolding.
Ray and Weaver were teammates with the Arizona Diamondbacks for parts of two seasons from 2019-20.
- Winter meetings takeaways: Kelenic deal, Glasnow's market, waiting on Ohtani
- Astros GM not interested in trading Bregman: He's 'a pillar here'
- Waiting for Shohei: MLB free-agent market slow as Ohtani mulls big money
- Tigers sign manager Hinch to long-term extension
- Leyland touched by tributes from across baseball after HOF election