White Sox sign Andrus for remainder of 2022
The Chicago White Sox signed shortstop Elvis Andrus to a contract for the remainder of the 2022 season Friday.
Chicago optioned rookie infielder Lenyn Sosa to Triple-A Charlotte in a corresponding roster move to clear space for Andrus on the roster.
The Oakland Athletics released Andrus earlier this week after the two-time All-Star posted a .673 OPS in 106 games this season.
The White Sox will likely turn to Andrus at shortstop while All-Star Tim Anderson is on the shelf for an extended period after undergoing surgery for a torn tendon in his finger.
Andrus owns a career .270/.326/.369 slash line with 87 home runs, 703 RBIs, and 324 stolen bases across 1,904 contests.
- Orioles win division for 1st time since 2014, clinch AL's top seed
- Harper rips Ángel Hernández after ejection: I'll 'get fined for being right'
- Prodigy realized: All that's left for Bryce Harper is to win a World Series
- Report: MLB investigating Neris for allegedly directing homophobic slur at J-Rod
- Marlins rally in 9th inning over Mets before rain causes suspension