White Sox sign Andrus for remainder of 2022
Chicago optioned rookie infielder Lenyn Sosa to Triple-A Charlotte in a corresponding roster move to clear space for Andrus on the roster.
The Oakland Athletics released Andrus earlier this week after the two-time All-Star posted a .673 OPS in 106 games this season.
The White Sox will likely turn to Andrus at shortstop while All-Star Tim Anderson is on the shelf for an extended period after undergoing surgery for a torn tendon in his finger.
Andrus owns a career .270/.326/.369 slash line with 87 home runs, 703 RBIs, and 324 stolen bases across 1,904 contests.
- Guardians clinch 1st AL Central title since 2018
- Dodgers clinch best record in NL, secure home-field advantage through NLCS
- White Sox interim manager embarrassed by latest loss: 'That's not baseball'
- Royals drop 11-run inning on Mariners to come back from 9-run deficit
- How the Angels could get more (yes, more) out of Ohtani