Report: Mets, Bassitt agree to 1-year, $8.8M deal
Bassitt will make $8.65 million this season, adds Rosenthal, and the contract includes a 2023 mutual option for $19 million or a $150,000 buyout.
The 33-year-old is off to a tremendous start in his first season with the Mets after they acquired him in a trade with the Oakland Athletics. Bassitt owns a 4-2 record with a 2.77 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, and 49 strikeouts in 48 2/3 innings pitched.
- Kershaw: I hope Dodgers aren't 'second fiddle' for Freeman
- Verdugo recalls Dodgers deal: 'At least I got traded for f------g Mookie Betts'
- Going big: Aaron Judge's bet on himself is risky because he stands alone
- Cardinals' Flaherty exits with stiff shoulder in 3rd start since return
- Astros' Pena back after recovering from thumb injury