Orioles promote top prospect Rutschman from Triple-A
Rutschman, 24, is the top prospect in baseball, according to MLB.com, and was the first overall selection in the 2019 MLB Draft.
The young slugger was in strong consideration to begin the season in Baltimore but suffered a triceps injury in spring training that forced him to be shut down.
Rutschman made 19 minor-league appearances across three levels this season, hitting .309/.427/.515 with three home runs and nine RBIs in 68 at-bats.
The Orioles designated catcher Anthony Bemboom for assignment in a corresponding move to make room on the roster.
- Freeman mulling agent change after 'emotional time' in Atlanta
- Vlad Jr. turns down Home Run Derby invite to protect wrist
- Report: Harper to undergo thumb surgery with roughly 6-week recovery
- Oneil Cruz among NL Rookie of the Year favorites after dazzling '22 debut
- MLB Tuesday best bets: Dodgers to rebound in Colorado