Report: Orioles, Jordan Lyles agree to 1-year, $7M deal
The 31-year-old veteran spent the previous two campaigns with the Texas Rangers, posting a 5.60 ERA and 5.49 FIP over 237 2/3 innings while making 39 starts and five relief appearances.
A journeyman of 11 seasons, Lyles has made appearances for six teams, including the Rangers, Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros, San Diego Padres, Milwaukee Brewers, and Pittsburgh Pirates. He possesses a 5.21 career ERA over 289 games.
Lyles will presumably join the Orioles' rotation, which is headlined by John Means.
- Ortiz joins 2022 HOF class as Bonds, Clemens fall off ballot
- HOF takeaways: Papi's a deserving choice, but Hall remains incomplete
- Clemens: 'I put HOF in rearview 10 years ago'
- Report: MLB, MLBPA make progress on minimum salary, pre-arbitration bonus pool
- Sports world reacts to 2022 Baseball Hall of Fame vote