Welcome to Expand the Zone, theScore's weekly MLB podcast hosted by Jonah Birenbaum and Michael Bradburn.
Find the show on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher. Be sure to rate, review, and subscribe, too!
Topics in this edition include:
- Breaking down early offseason developments, from opt-out decisions to qualifying offers
- What kind of deal can free agent Stephen Strasburg hope to get heading into his age-31 season?
- Would Aroldis Chapman have commanded more on the open market than what he landed in his three-year, $48-million contract with the Yankees?
- Should the Yankees have extended Didi Gregorius a qualifying offer?
- Will any of the 10 players who received qualifying offers accept the one-year, $17.8-million deal?
- Dissecting the Mets' decision to make Carlos Beltran their new manager
- Predicting each major award winner now that the finalists have been announced