Blue Jays trade Hudson to Nationals
In exchange, Toronto acquired minor-league pitcher Kyle Johnston. The 23-year-old owns a 4.03 ERA and a 3.53 FIP over 20 starts in High-A this season. Johnston was the No. 27 prospect in Washington's system, according to MLB Pipeline.
Hudson, 32, authored a 3.00 ERA and a 4.21 FIP over 48 innings with Toronto this season, notching two saves.
He signed a one-year, $1.5-million contract with the Blue Jays this past winter. Overall, Hudson has spent a decade in the majors, authoring a 3.92 ERA over 355 career appearances for the Blue Jays, Chicago White Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Freeman mulling agent change after 'emotional time' in Atlanta
- Angels' Bradley fractured elbow falling out of dugout in brawl with M's
- Rockies rough up Kershaw during another win vs. Dodgers
- Tucker homers, Valdez goes 8 strong as Astros romp Mets
- Woodruff fans 10 in return from IL to help Brewers top Rays