Report: Braves want Keuchel
The next area of interest for the Atlanta Braves this offseason appears to be pitching. After signing third baseman Josh Donaldson and catcher Brian McCann to contracts, the Braves have free-agent starter Dallas Keuchel "high on their wish list," according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.
Atlanta is projected to enter the 2019 season with a fairly young rotation and is reportedly looking to add a veteran presence to the current crop of hurlers.
Mike Foltynewicz, Julio Teheran, Kevin Gausman are each approaching their 28th birthdays while Sean Newcomb and Touki Toussaint are both under 26. The 30-year-old Keuchel would immediately become the group's elder statesman.
As a member of the Houston Astros, Keuchel has eclipsed 200 innings three times in five seasons, has been named to two All-Star teams, and took home the 2015 AL Cy Young.
- While baseball waits on Ohtani, the Yankees secure the ultimate Plan B
- Report: Mets, Alonso haven't had any extension talks
- Winter meetings takeaways: Verdugo, E-Rod, Kimbrel, Candelario find new homes
- Report: Red Sox among teams interested in Japanese lefty Imanaga
- Padres' Preller: Trading a player of Soto's caliber was 'very difficult'