Marlins' Wei-Yin Chen: Ready for rehab assignment
Chen (elbow) will begin a rehab assignment Thursday with the Gulf Coast League Marlins, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports.
It's been a long, slow road back for Chen, but he's now ready to return to a competitive setting for the first time in nearly four months. The lefty pitched effectively with a slight UCL tear early in the year, but fatigue eventually set in, and there was a setback with the elbow along the way. He recently built up to 30 pitches in a simulated game.
- Freeman mulling agent change after 'emotional time' in Atlanta
- Angels' Bradley fractured elbow falling out of dugout in brawl with M's
- Vlad Jr. turns down Home Run Derby invite to protect wrist
- Report: Harper to undergo thumb surgery with roughly 6-week recovery
- Oneil Cruz among NL Rookie of the Year favorites after dazzling '22 debut