Canseco goes on Twitter rant calling HOF voters hypocrites
No stranger to sharing his opinion on social media, former slugger Jose Canseco went on a rant after the 2017 Hall of Fame class was announced on Wednesday, with Tim Raines, Jeff Bagwell, and Ivan Rodriguez receiving election.
Canseco admitted to using steroids in 2005 when he released his book "Juiced" and claimed that up to 85 percent of players used performance-enhancing drugs. He fell off the Hall of Fame ballot in 2007 after receiving six votes (1.1 percent). It was his first and only year on the ballot.
While there has been speculation linking Bagwell to performance-enhancing drugs, the Houston Astros legend denies ever using, and has never tested positive for PEDs. Bagwell received 86.2 percent of the vote this year, tops among the 2017 class.
- MLB Power Rankings: Where all 30 teams stand on Opening Day
- MLB The Show's season sim: Trout reaches playoffs, Yankees win it all
- MLB Opening Day best bets: Blue Jays to start fast in St. Louis
- 2023 MLB season predictions: Who will win each division, major award?
- No sour grapes: Rizzo gifts wine to Yankees teammates