Watch: Foul ball illusion will make your brain hurt
There's either a ghost occupying Wrigley Field, or Chicago Cubs reliever Travis Wood plays a mean game of chicken.
While enjoying Wednesday's game from the on-field bullpen seats, Wood and the rest of the Cubs relievers didn't flinch as Milwaukee Brewers third baseman Jonathan Villar riffled a foul ball at them.
At first glance, the ball appeared to reach the bullpen, though another angle makes it look as if the ball never reaches the players. Judging by the bullpen's stoic reaction, they're not letting us know either way.
If only the ball had avoided Steve Bartman that way.
(Video courtesy: MLB.com)
- Showalter not returning as Mets manager in 2024
- Cora tells Red Sox he isn't ready for front-office role
- Prodigy realized: All that's left for Bryce Harper is to win a World Series
- White Sox SS Anderson willing to change positions: 'It doesn't matter'
- Raleigh calls out Mariners' front office after elimination