Watch: Gardner cleans up bucket of fries in left field
As if notching three hits wasn't enough, Brett Gardner found himself playing groundskeeper at Yankee Stadium during the late innings of Saturday's 2-1 win over the Twins.
Gardner capped his 3-for-4 day by helping out a distressed Yankees fan in need during the ninth inning, when the veteran left fielder picked up a lost bucket of french fries and returned them to their rightful owner.
Gardner's friendly gesture comes on the heels of a productive run at the plate. He entered Saturday's multi-hit game with a season-best .338/.422/.394 slash line in June.
- Bryant: 'Classy' Cubs considered players' families at deadline
- Story pulled himself from lineup Friday after not being traded
- Grading the 10 biggest deals of MLB's trade deadline
- Berrios stellar in Toronto debut, Blue Jays sweep Royals in homecoming
- Rays prospect Shane Baz to start for U.S. vs Japan at Olympics