Watch: Gardner cleans up bucket of fries in left field
As if notching three hits wasn't enough, Brett Gardner found himself playing groundskeeper at Yankee Stadium during the late innings of Saturday's 2-1 win over the Twins.
Gardner capped his 3-for-4 day by helping out a distressed Yankees fan in need during the ninth inning, when the veteran left fielder picked up a lost bucket of french fries and returned them to their rightful owner.
Gardner's friendly gesture comes on the heels of a productive run at the plate. He entered Saturday's multi-hit game with a season-best .338/.422/.394 slash line in June.
- Report: Mets land Severino on 1-year, $13M deal; Add veteran Wendle
- Cardinals raised their floor with free-agent arms, but their ceiling remains low
- Orioles' Bautista, Brewers' Williams honored as MLB Relievers of the Year
- Blue Jays priced as 2nd betting favorite to sign Ohtani
- Report: Reds, Pagán agree to 2-year, $16M contract