Lucy Li will become youngest competitor at U.S. Women's Open at 11 years old
Lucy Li is a name most in the world of golf have heard before.
In 2013, Li qualified for the U.S. Women's Amateur Publinx at the age of 10, she matched Michelle Wie who was also 10 when she qualified in 2000.
Fast-forward to April 2014 at Augusta National's Drive, Chip and Putt Championship where Li won her age category with 26 points.
Now, at the age of 11, Li qualified for the U.S. Women's Open at Pinehurst becoming the youngest woman to do so in LPGA history. To win her qualifier, she shot 74 and 68 at Half Moon Bay.
- Europe ties U.S. for 1st time to win 3rd straight Solheim Cup title
- Europe rallies to tie U.S. going into final day of Solheim Cup
- Europe limits early damage to trail USA 5-3 after Day 1 of Solheim Cup
- Lewis sees 'missed opportunity' with back-to-back Solheim Cup, Ryder Cup
- U.S. sweeps Europe in opening session of Solheim Cup