Report: Barcelona makes offer for Thomas Vermaelen
Barcelona is in pursuit of Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen.
Sky Sports reports the Catalan giants have made a £10-million bid for the 28-year-old Belgium international.
Vermaelen lost his starting place at the Emirates after Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny emerged as Arsene Wegner's preferred pairing at center-back last season.
Barcelona lost Carles Puyol to retirement earlier this summer and are looking at Vermaelen as his replacement, where he would play alongside Gerard Pique.
Manchester United have also expressed interest in the Arsenal captain, though Wegner appears reluctant to sell Vermaelen to the Gunners' Premier League rivals.
Vermaelen has made 110 appearances for Arsenal since 2009, registering 13 goals.
- World Cup roundup, Day 7: Messi's magic moment, fearsome France
- Flick insists struggling Germany has 'the quality' to beat Spain
- Lewandowski finally gets World Cup goal as Poland overcomes Saudi Arabia
- Germany clash a 'beautiful challenge' for Spain, says Luis Enrique
- Luis Enrique's innovative approach driving Spain at World Cup