Real Madrid lose Dani Carvajal to calf injury
Find the biggest stories from across the soccer world by visiting our Top Soccer News section and subscribing to push notifications.
Real Madrid right-back Dani Carvajal is expected to miss the rest of the year after the club announced Monday he suffered a calf injury in the weekend win over Granada.
Spain international Carvajal was replaced at half-time during Saturday's 2-0 victory which kept Madrid top of La Liga above surprise challengers Girona on goal difference.
The club said tests revealed an injury to his left calf but did not give a timeline for his return. Spanish media suggested Carvajal could be sidelined for a month.
The 31-year-old has been a regular for Carlo Ancelotti's side, captaining the team on a number of occasions this season.
- Atletico Madrid's Griezmann suffers 'moderate' ankle sprain
- Arnautovic gives Inter slender Champions League advantage over Atletico
- Xavi: Barca 'don't know what to expect' after Napoli's coaching change
- Girona's La Liga title bid loses more steam after loss to Athletic Bilbao
- Can Xavi sign off at Barcelona with Champions League success?