Report: Newcastle agree to sign Isak from Real Sociedad for around £60M
Isak has yet to undergo a medical, but there's growing confidence among Newcastle officials that a deal for the Swedish international will be completed before the transfer deadline Sept. 1.
The reported fee exceeds the price Newcastle paid for Bruno Guimaraes, who became their record signing in January when he joined from Lyon in a deal worth up to £40 million.
Isak scored 33 goals in 105 La Liga appearances for Real Sociedad following his transfer from Borussia Dortmund in 2019.
Newcastle sit sixth in the Premier League with five points through three games following their 3-3 draw with Manchester City on Sunday.
- World Cup roundup, Day 8: Naive Canada punished, Germany survives
- Enrique's thoughts with late daughter at World Cup
- Carvajal: Spain won't settle for draw in Group E finale vs. Japan
- Fullkrug scores late vs. Spain to keep Germany's slim World Cup hopes alive
- World Cup roundup, Day 7: Messi's magic moment, fearsome France