Atletico sign De Paul from Udinese for reported €35M
De Paul developed into one of the top creative midfielders in Serie A after joining Udinese in 2016. He ended last season with nine goals and nine assists.
His arrival could pave the way for Atletico to proceed with reported plans to sell Saul Niguez, who has been linked to Barcelona and Liverpool.
Confirmation of the deal comes days after De Paul helped Argentina beat Brazil to win the Copa America on Saturday. The 27-year-old provided the assist for Angel Di Maria's match-winning goal.
- 2022 World Cup draw to be held on April 1 in Qatar
- Report: United, Real Madrid target Haaland wants £30M in annual wages
- 10 thoughts from this week's Champions League action
- Villarreal beat Young Boys to end long Champions League drought
- Ansu Fati inks new Barca contract that includes €1B release clause