Fiorentina's Biraghi bloodied by object thrown by West Ham fan
PRAGUE (AP) — Fiorentina captain Cristiano Biraghi was hit in the head by objects thrown from the stands by West Ham supporters during the first half of the Europa Conference League final on Wednesday, leaving him bleeding from a gash in his scalp.
The game was briefly held up after Biraghi was struck by empty beer cups and other objects as he was about to take a corner. He needed to have his head bandaged to stop the bleeding, while a stadium announcer urged supporters to stop throwing objects.
Some West Ham players also went over to urge their fans to stop, before play resumed.
- Leafs' Woll injured in win over Sens, Jones makes team debut in relief
- Report: Mets, Alonso haven't had any extension talks
- Pacers defeat Bucks in semifinals of NBA In-Season Tournament
- Jags employee charged with stealing $22M from team plans guilty plea
- Bills' McDermott apologizes for 9/11 remarks in 2019 team meeting