Ranocchia terminates contract with Monza
Milan, Sept 21, 2022 (AFP) - Former Italy defender Andrea Ranocchia terminated his contract with Monza on Wednesday, three months after signing for the Serie A club.
"Andrea Ranocchia agreed to terminate his contract with the Club," Monza said in a short statement.
The 34-year-old was Monza's first signing after securing promotion to Serie A for the first time in their history as the club owned by Silvio Berlusconi went on a summer spending spree.
One-time Inter Milan captain Ranocchia signed a two-year deal with Monza but sprained his ankle and fractured his fibula as they were thumped 4-0 at Napoli in August.
Monza won their first ever match in the Italian top flight at the weekend, stunning Juventus 1-0.
That historic win under new coach Raffaele Palladino moved Monza off the bottom of the table and into 18th place.
- Report: Kamara expected to return vs. Panthers
- Dusty Baker joins exclusive club, Astros win 100 for 4th time in 6 years
- Guardians shrink AL Central magic number to 1 with 17th win in 20 games
- Merrifield, Manoah propel Blue Jays to key win over Rays
- Wright wins 20th, Braves beat Phillies to trim NL East deficit