AC Milan players fined for insulting Inter during title parade
Milan, July 1, 2022 (AFP) - A group of AC Milan players were fined by the Italian Football Federation on Friday for insulting local rivals Inter Milan during their Serie A title parade.
Sandro Tonali, Theo Hernandez and Mike Maignan were ordered to pay €4,000 and Rade Krunic €5,000 for a variety of offences considered against "the principles of integrity, honesty and correctness".
These include holding up a banner on the open top bus travelling through Milan on May 23 which read "you can stick the Italian Cup up your a**".
Inter won the cup last season but conceded the league title to Milan on the final day of an enthralling Scudetto race.
Milan were also fined €12,000 for the offences.
- Yankees pitching coach critical of Rodón's snub: 'You can't act like that'
- Ranking the NHL's 6 best lines heading into 2023-24
- Mariners, Rangers, Astros in play for AL West title entering final weekend
- Urquidy pitches Astros to critical win over D-Backs in emergency start
- Blue Jays on brink of wild-card berth after win over Rays