UEFA seeks candidates to host Euro 2028
Lausanne, Oct 12, 2021 (AFP) - UEFA opened the process of finding a host for football's 2028 European Championships on Tuesday with a final decision on who will be the host nation in September 2023.
National football federations have until March 2022 to declare their interest, with joint applications welcome from neighbouring countries.
UEFA have stipulated that any candidate must possess a "minimum of one stadium, preferably 2 stadiums, with at least 50,000 net seating capacity" with seven more at around 30-40,000.
Euro 2028 is set to take place over 51 matches and feature 24 teams, as did this year's rescheduled Euro 2020 won by Italy.
- Canucks beat Bruins in shootout as Boudreau wins 2nd straight game
- Warriors knock off Trail Blazers but Curry falls short of 3-point record
- Ortiz: I have 'faith' Schilling will be elected to HOF this year
- Rockets beat shorthanded Nets for 7th straight win
- Puig joins KBO's Kiwoom Heroes on 1-year, $1M deal