Juve's Arthur out 3 months after surgery
Milan, July 16, 2021 (AFP) - Juventus midfielder Arthur Melo will miss the start of season after undergoing surgery on his right leg, the Italian club announced on Friday.
The 24-year-old Brazilian, a former Barcelona player, had suffered in recent months with a problem with the membrane between the tibia and fibula of his right leg.
"The operation was successful. The recovery time is approximately three months," Juventus said in a statement.
Juventus's nine-year Serie A reign ended last season. They open the new campaign at Udinese with former coach Massimiliano Allegri back at the helm two years after leaving the club.
- Report: McCaffrey expected to face Cardinals despite thigh injury
- Brewers blow lead, chance to tie Phils for wild-card spot
- Grizzlies rookies lead late rally over Bucks in preseason opener
- Braves beat Scherzer, Mets to take NL East lead
- Ham confident he can maximize Lakers' Big Three: I trust all of them