Juve's Arthur out 3 months after surgery
Milan, July 16, 2021 (AFP) - Juventus midfielder Arthur Melo will miss the start of season after undergoing surgery on his right leg, the Italian club announced on Friday.
The 24-year-old Brazilian, a former Barcelona player, had suffered in recent months with a problem with the membrane between the tibia and fibula of his right leg.
"The operation was successful. The recovery time is approximately three months," Juventus said in a statement.
Juventus's nine-year Serie A reign ended last season. They open the new campaign at Udinese with former coach Massimiliano Allegri back at the helm two years after leaving the club.
- Giants win 100 games for 1st time since 2003
- Cole, Stanton lead Yankees past Red Sox, cut wild-card lead to 1
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'
- NHL enforcing stricter cross-checking rules in 2021-22
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home