Andreazzoli takes over at Genoa after Serie A escape
Paris - Genoa, who just escaped relegation from Serie A last season, on Friday named Aurelio Andreazzoli as their new coach to replace Cesare Prandelli.
"Genoa announce that they have agreed a two-year deal with Aurelio Andreazzoli who will be trusted with the direction of the first team from July 1, 2019," said a club statement.
The 65-year-old Andreazzoli had kept Empoli in Serie A in the 2017/2018 campaign.
Ironically, Empoli were relegated from the top flight last season despite finishing on the same number of points as Genoa who finished in 17th place.
- Padres drop to 0-12 in extra innings as win streak ends at 8 games
- Kershaw beats Giants, overtakes Drysdale for 2nd in Dodgers wins
- Bregman laments 'terrible' play as Astros lose again to Royals
- Pirates hurt Reds' wild-card chances with historic win after trailing by 9 runs
- Kidd: Mavs' center spot 'up for grabs,' rookie Lively to get 1st look