Veretout returns to France by signing 3-year deal with Marseille
Marseille, Aug 5, 2022 (AFP) - French international midfielder Jordan Veretout has signed a three-year contract with Marseille after five years in Italy, the Ligue 1 club confirmed on Friday.
Veretout, 29, started his career in Nantes followed by two years in England with Aston Villa and a spell at Saint-Etienne before moving to Serie A where he played first with Fiorentina and then AS Roma.
"It's wonderful to come back to France with Marseille. I hope we will do great things this year," said Veretout, who won the Europa Conference League with Roma last season.
Marseille did not reveal financial details of the contract for the five-time capped French player.
The southern side were runners-up in Ligue 1 last season, and start the new campaign at home against Reims on Sunday.
- Astros take contentious rubber match in crucial series vs. Mariners
- Padres finally win in extras, keep faint wild-card hopes alive
- Rangers on brink of clinching playoff spot after shutout of Angels
- Marlins tie Cubs for final NL wild-card spot after doubleheader split vs. Mets
- Burrow reached out to Rodgers about calf injuries before MNF win