Lille part ways with coach Gourvennec
Paris, June 16, 2022 (AFP) - French Ligue 1 side Lille said Thursday that they had parted ways with coach Jocelyn Gourvennec after just one season in charge.
"Lille would like to sincerely thank Jocelyn Gourvennec for his work, commitment and professionalism throughout the 2021-2022 season," the club wrote in a statement posted on its website.
Gourvennec, who replaced Christophe Galtier last summer, won the Champions Trophy and led the team into the knockout stages of the Champions League, where they were eliminated by Chelsea.
However, the club only finished in 10th place in Ligue 1, two seasons after being crowned champions.
- Draft survey: Prospects talk NHL comps, fashion, teammates, and resilience
- 5 important questions heading into the NHL's offseason frenzy
- Report: Duclair out long term after suffering Achilles tendon injury
- Rockies rough up Kershaw during another win vs. Dodgers
- Tucker homers, Valdez goes 8 strong as Astros romp Mets