Theo Hernandez tests positive for COVID-19
Paris, Oct 13, 2021 (AFP) - AC Milan left-back Theo Hernandez has tested positive for Covid, just days after his France team-mate Adrien Rabiot contracted the virus, his club said Wednesday.
The 24-year-old played alongside Rabiot in France's Nations League semi-final against Belgium last Thursday, scoring a 90th-minute winner.
Rabiot was ruled out of the final after testing positive for Covid, but Hernandez played the full 90 minutes in the world champions' 2-1 triumph over Spain.
"Theo Hernandez, who has returned from the national team, has tested positive for a swab carried out at home," Milan said in a statement. "The relevant local health authorities have been informed and the player is doing well."
Milan, who sit second in Serie A, host Hellas Verona on Saturday.
- Flyers score twice in 3rd to hand Oilers 1st loss of season
- Westbrook chides Bazley for dunk: 'Certain things you just don't do'
- Toews, Kane 'wish they could have done something differently' to help Beach
- Another postseason dud for Fried when Braves need him most
- Siri propels Astros past Braves in Game 2 to tie World Series