PSG's Hakimi to miss preseason games after testing positive for COVID-19
Paris, July 17, 2021 (AFP) - Paris Saint-Germain wing-back Achraf Hakimi has tested positive for coronavirus and been put into isolation, a source close to the club told AFP on Saturday.
Morocco's Hakimi, 22, made his Parisian debut in Wednesday's friendly win over third-tier Le Mans after joining from Inter Milan for 60 million euros ($71 million) last week.
He missed Saturday's pre-season draw with third-division Chambly and is set to be sidelined for next week's games with Augbsurg and Genoa.
PSG were hit hard by Covid-19 at the start of last season when several players tested positive and Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, Angel Di Maria and Leandro Paredes had to self-isolate after a holiday to Ibiza following the team's Champions League final loss to Bayern Munich.
- Castillo outdoes Buehler, helps Reds end Dodgers' win streak
- 49ers' Aiyuk surprised with lack of snaps in Week 1, but moving forward
- Sharks' Hertl not worried about contract extension
- Canucks GM: 'No angry sides' in contract talks with Pettersson, Hughes
- Cards GM wants to re-sign Jones: We’re not in business of losing good players