England loses reserve goalkeeper Henderson to injury
London, June 15, 2021 (AFP) - Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson has been forced to withdraw from England's Euro 2020 squad due to a hip injury, the Football Association announced on Tuesday.
Aaron Ramsdale of Sheffield United will take his place in Gareth Southgate's 26-man squad.
"The Manchester United goalkeeper will now return to his club for further assessment and rehabilitation ahead of the 2021/22 season," the FA said in a statement.
"Ramsdale was originally a member of Gareth Southgate's pre-tournament group in Middlesbrough, having played for England at this year's UEFA U-21 Euro in Slovenia in March.
"The Sheffield United player, a 2017 UEFA U-19 Euro winner, will now follow standard Covid-19 testing protocol before entering the camp."
Ramsdale, 23, who is uncapped at senior level, joins fellow goalkeepers Jordan Pickford and Sam Johnstone in the squad.
- Giants win 100 games for 1st time since 2003
- Cole, Stanton lead Yankees past Red Sox, cut wild-card lead to 1
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'
- NHL enforcing stricter cross-checking rules in 2021-22
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home