Slovakia shocks 10-man Poland at Euro 2020
Slovakia capitalized on a second-half red card and got a goal from Milan Skriniar in a 2-1 victory over Poland at the European Championship.
The Inter Milan center back brought down a corner and toe-poked the ball into the net from 15 meters in the 69th minute. The goal came seven minutes after Poland midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak had been sent off for a second yellow card.
Slovakia went ahead in the 18th minute when Wojciech Szczesny became the first goalkeeper to score an own-goal at the tournament. Szczesny was unfortunate as the ball rebounded off his near post, onto his outstretched arm and back into the net following a shot by Slovakia winger Robert Mak.
Karol Linetty equalized barely 30 seconds into the second half.
- Giants win 100 games for 1st time since 2003
- Cole, Stanton lead Yankees past Red Sox, cut wild-card lead to 1
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'
- NHL enforcing stricter cross-checking rules in 2021-22
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home