Real Madrid's Carvajal to miss Champions League opener
Real Madrid defender Dani Carvajal will miss the record 14-time Champions League winners' opening clash with Union Berlin on Wednesday with discomfort in his right leg.
"He has a (muscular) overload and tomorrow he will have tests -- we've preferred to rest him," Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti told reporters Tuesday, adding that Lucas Vazquez will fill in for him.
"The player is fine and we don't think it will be something serious."
Carvajal may also be at risk of missing the Madrid derby clash against Atletico Madrid at the Metropolitano on Sunday.
Ancelotti confirmed veteran midfielder Luka Modric was set to start against Union Berlin, after coming on as a substitute in four out of Madrid's five opening La Liga matches.
- Key takeaways and analysis from Week 13 in the NFL
- NFL Playoff Picture - Week 13: Postseason seeds, projected draft order
- Love shines on SNF as Packers limit Chiefs, Mahomes for 3rd straight win
- Braves acquire Kelenic, Gonzales in 5-player trade with Mariners
- Panarin's 4 points propel Rangers past Sharks