Valladolid lose out in 6-team relegation battle on La Liga's final day
Real Valladolid were relegated from La Liga on the final day of the season as they drew 0-0 at home against Getafe on Sunday.
Six Spanish teams were in danger of the drop, each knowing a win would guarantee them safety, but Valladolid, whose president is Brazilian great Ronaldo, could not find a way through.
Valladolid finished one point from safety, going down with Espanyol and Elche, whose fate had already been sealed.
Almeria, who finished 17th, survived after Adri Embarba hit a brace against his former side Espanyol to earn them a 3-3 draw at the RCDE Stadium.
Celta Vigo survived with a 2-1 win over champions Barcelona, thanks to a Gabri Veiga brace.
- Key takeaways and analysis from Week 13 in the NFL
- NFL Playoff Picture - Week 13: Postseason seeds, projected draft order
- Love shines on SNF as Packers limit Chiefs, Mahomes for 3rd straight win
- Braves acquire Kelenic, Gonzales in 5-player trade with Mariners
- Panarin's 4 points propel Rangers past Sharks